Imagine a world in which being “cool” means being generous and engaged instead of rebellious or self-absorbed.
In this world, we bring curiosity to our own experience and to that of those around us, allowing us to pause and consider what might be happening in the other person’s world - wonder why they responded the way they did - before we jump to a conclusion.
We ground ourselves in generating productive solutions to problems rather than sitting back with a judgement or opinion. We are creative and resilient in our problem-solving as we move forward with issues of every shape and size.
Our priorities have shifted from differentiation to contribution. We are not rebelling against the current state, but rather, standing for a world in which our aspirational values are ones of kindness and integrity.
Five priciples define
what it means to be Cool And Thoughtful:
(1) Generate Productive Solutions - instead of ending with a judgement or opinion.
(2) Hold a Context of Learning - by looking for the learning in every experience, building momentum from the positive rather than reacting to the negative.
(3) Be a Yes - which doesn’t always mean saying yes, but it does mean getting curious about your resistance.
(4) Practice Action + Faith - recognizing that intentional action and trust in the unknown are not mutually exclusive.
(5) Stand For - we stand for rather than rebelling against deriving power from possibility rather than
© Cool And Thoughtful 2019